India is a place where people love to innovating new methods to keep themselves active. Indians use different kinds of activities for their entertainment. When it comes to entertainment, then Indians love to play different games in their spare time. Well, gaming has its own separate world that holds millions of fan followings. This is becoming the most innovative and highest-growth earning platform. This is the hottest industry that makes youngsters crazy for the Future scope of gaming in India. This platform has no limits for the players as well as for people who are dreaming of building their careers in this.
Most of us think the game is just the part of the entertainment, but we all have to improve our thinking. As time changes, the gaming market starts earning billions of dollars in the global market. Now the younger generation is also changing their mind and dreaming of making a career in the Future scope of gaming in India rather than engineering & banking. There is a huge need for candidates who have a keen interest in this field.
“I don’t need to live once because I am a gamer & I have lots of lives”
The gaming developers earn billions in a year by developing and innovating new games. Esports is becoming the popular and most searched term on the internet. What will your first expression be if I say a gaming developer earns more than an actor or a cricketer? Won’t you believe, right? To make you believe in this, here we come to discuss the hottest & trendiest topic of the internet that is the Future scope of gaming in India.
Gaming holds so much fun in itself, right? But this fun will be doubled when you take this seriously as a career opportunity. After considering the worldwide growth in the gaming industry, India is also improving in this field.
To learn some more mysterious facts about the Future scope of gaming in India, you have to continue this article till the end. In the above section, we will cover the most interesting revelation that you searched on the internet but were never satisfied with the results.
Do you know about the three forms of the gaming industry?
When it comes to the gaming industry, then it is divided into three forms, and those are PC gaming, Mobile gaming & console gaming.
When it comes to PC gaming, then it has endless opportunities and demands. The best thing about the computer is it can be easily customized and integrated with high-end graphics cards. Here you can change the size of your display and include the powerful processor too.
So, this industry is growing bigger and bigger just because of its customizing facility. There are many companies that innovate and launch high-definition gamings for PCs. Some of the companies that are widely popular in this market are Eidos, Electronic Arts, Square Enix, and many more.
If we talk about the best PC gaming that is popularly gaining the attention of users are Assassins creed, call of duty, Hitman, and the list goes on. So, there are many PC games that also allow multiple players to participate in a game and allow them to interact with each other.
To make your gaming experience smooth and viable, some brands like Nividia & Acer manufactures some best laptops & pcs, especially for pro gamers!
Have you ever heard about console gaming? If you are a beginner in this industry, then you might haven’t. Well, some people love to play with the joysticks over the keyboards and mouse. Joysticks make gaming easier and fantastic. So, there are two companies that rule the world of console gaming, and those are Microsoft & Sony.
Sony is the brand that ranks in the number 1 position in the industry of console gaming. Well, later, Microsoft also joined this with Xbox and brought some amazing revolution in the gaming market. The best perk of this gaming industry is here developers develop the games for the individual consoles so that they don’t have any compatibility issues.
Moreover, the console gaming industry in India is getting very popular. Even there are many platforms in India where you can visit to experience console gaming hourly by paying a small amount.
Uhhh! What do we have to say on this because you know everything about this, right! Mobile gaming is the Future scope of gaming in India that needs more and more talented candidates who can develop some amazing games with extreme graphic designing knowledge.
As you know, we all use smartphones, and we spend approx hours scrolling and tapping on the phone screen. This is the favorite platform where people love to play games because of its compatibility & comfortability. The brands like Samsung, Apple came up with powerful processors for uplifting the gaming experience.
If you visit the Google play store and Apple’s play store, then you will find that these platforms are flooding out with the games. Even the PC and console gaming industries are now deciding and focusing on entering this. The reason behind the popularity of this gaming industry is its accessibility and comfort level.
Everyone has a mobile on their hand, so developers are also looking to develop some new games similar to Angry Birds, Temple run & Subway surfers that have a huge audience in the market. They got millions of downloads within a short period of time because of the graphics.
“The moment I finished a game I don’t have any idea on what to do with my life anymore -Written by a true game lover”
The recent situation of the gaming industry in India:
So, if we talk about the future scope of gaming in India, then mobile gaming is in a different phase. The mobile gaming industry is gaining growth in the recent period, and the start-up companies are now focusing on investing in this rather than console & PC gaming. You don’t need to have a big name to succeed in the mobile gaming industry.
The brands like Rovio & Kiloo were got the success when their games were getting viral among the users. Some years back, people of India were in so much fear to invest in the mobile gaming industry over console and PC gaming. But now the time changes and folks are also looking forward to doing something brand in this field!
Are you dreaming of building a career in this?
If you focus on the overall statistics, then now India has almost 300 million gamers, where 95% of people come under the age group of 30. There are many professional gamers in India who are competing with the national & international players in the gaming arena and battles for championships.
As per the recent report, India generates more than 1.1 billion dollars in the period of 2020 that figures were just doubled in 2017. No doubt, people have fewer opportunities at that time, and they don’t have so much technical knowledge.
So, after considering this huge revenue, you can consider that a gamer doesn’t need to work for a 9to 5 job to earn his bread & butter. If you go back to the earlier days, when our parents had beating us to play the games, but now in the era of 2021, there are parents who motivate their children to choose this field as their career option. It’s the time of revolution, and, now you can earn by doing something that you have loved most.
If you talk about the esports gaming tournaments then Dota Players is one of the popular tournaments that offer the winner 1 million dollars that is more than the average lifetime savings of a 9 to 5 job holder or a government servant, right?
Changing perspectives on the gaming industry
- Young & Dynamic industry: We all know that India is the youngest and dynamic industry because almost 75% of people of India are under the age of 45. India is the country that holds the largest potential for the online gaming industry.
Besides that, India is now moving towards urbanization that gives profit to the gaming industry. There is a high tendency of younger generations who play online games regularly. So, the urbanisms & dynamic younger generation are two basic reasons that make growth in the Future scope of gaming in India.
- The number of active internet users: In India, there are almost 560 million internet users that make this country the second largest internet market in the world. The first one is China who has the largest active internet users. As per the analysis report, this quantity will increase up to 650 million in this upcoming year that is a huge achievement for India.
- Mobile gaming fortune: Before some years, no one has enough knowledge of the mobile gaming industry. But now people have more interest in this. Nowadays, the gaming industry is gaining more attention because of its accessibility and comfort. In this era, smartphones are taking the place of traditional consoles and PC.
- Affordable cost: Smartphones are available at a lower price nowadays. There are many options for smartphones that are affordable, portable, and accessible. The revenue of mobile gaming is going to increase day by day.
There are many major companies that are turning their console & pc gaming technique into mobile gaming. Because of the greater number of mobile audiences, both the play store and app store are flooded with a plethora of gaming applications. So, all you need is just a smartphone and an internet connection.
- Localized content: In the past years, the audience has given much preference to the localized market. The market allows receiving the most immersive gaming experience. You can get a bunch of content on the internet where they define how to play a game, how to win the game, and many more.
There are some people who visit to download the game by reading this content. So, people love this awareness program that is running by the brands.
There are games like Indian Rummy, AndarBahar, and Teen Patti that gained a huge audience through the localized content. So, overall, India gains so many audiences for gaming by launching their gaming guides on particular keywords.
- The craze of E-sports: The online gaming industry is full of fantasy. Here the players can create their own team and play like a hero. The esports industry has expected to reach its peak in the upcoming years. It not only attracts the consumers but the investors too.
Now people feel more confident to invest money in it. There are many online platforms that organize grand matches and offer great rewards to the winning individuals. Because of these things, the players get more fantasize about this.
- Booming Tech and IT sector: As you know, there is a great demand for the IT sector nowadays. The booming IT technology and internet attracts users to this industry. India is also experiencing a rise in employment opportunities. These companies have a huge demand for gaming developers in the near future.
- Online digital payment methods: The online digital payment facility also brings innovation to this industry. The eCommerce industry is rising day by day globally. The overall revenue of digital payments is going to rise by 330 million for the next years.
Because of this, the gaming companies offer more offers to the players through GPay or Phone Pay, Paytm. In this way, the industry is catering to more viable options to attract players.
“Gaming is fun until you have the strong internet connection”
Does there any rules & regulations for the Indian players?
In recent years, the lifestyle, behavior, and preference of Indian natives are getting changed. This is happened due to consumer awareness, penetration of social media, and disposable income. Well, these factors play a huge role in the shifting of consumers. This quantity will be double in the next upcoming years of 2025. Well, most of the professional gamers are above 21 years old because of their huge knowledge of the internet and tech-savvy. Well, the older generation people also connected with this.
If we talk about laws, then India has some battling and gambling laws that may vary from state to state. The skill-based games are permitted to play by the laws, but the games with chances are not permitted to play. So, you are in the green zone if you have a skill-based gaming preference.
The Effects of COVID-19 in the Indian gaming industry:
In covid, people were staying inside the rooms because of the nationwide lockdowns. In this period, there are many people who take help of the gaming world to get out from the boredom. At this time, the gaming industry receives thousands of new visitors and gained amazing traffic. There are many land-based casinos that turned their business online and provided a bundle of discounts for attracting new visitors.
India is becoming a developing nation, but because of lockdown, the country shows some acceleration of people who moves to the online gaming industry for entertainment. The trend among people is getting increased day by day. Gaming companies help people to encourage the players and increase their awareness through online content.
Suppose you got a chance to choose between the 9 to 5 job or a job where you have to play games for 9 to 10 hours and get paid by the attractive figures. So which one are you going to choose? Obviously, you select the second option, isn’t it?
A career in gaming is now becoming a reality! You can play games and win the national & international championships. But before that, you should have some more idea about this.
Why choose a career in gaming?
Esports has a promising career in the gaming industry. The reason behind this popularity is directly dedicated to the young generation and the increasing amount of population and smartphones. Besides this, the comfort, accessibility of technology, and rising investment by the investors create popularity in the gaming industry.
India is one of the largest countries where people from different locations visit the esports platform to show their talent. Some people have shifted this platform to earn money, while some just visit to get relief from their boredom.
In this way, India has the largest number of online gaming players and a huge level of audience and aspiring gamers. This is the truly rising sector in the gaming world that has a better opportunity for youngsters.
In the future, the gaming platforms and companies announced huge vacancies. So, if you want to join this platform, then you should start your preparation from today.
The industry needs more game designers, developers, and testers. This sector is evolving towards the development and organizing the intercity esports tournaments that also raise the value of this industry. They also increase the prize value and encourage youth to enter into this industry as a full-time career.
Reasons to make gaming as a career:
- Future of esports in India: As per the experts, India has 300 million-plus gamers right now, and as per the considerations of the present scenario, there is a great chance that this quantity will rise up to a huge peak. There are various key trends that are witnessing the growth of this gaming sector in the coming time.
- Live streaming: Well, now there are many options for live streaming, and there is also a huge spike in the number of viewers. There are many platforms available where you can live stream your game. Through the streaming facility, you will successfully earn more traction and build a strong, diverse, and extensive audience base.
The gaming sector offers the fun and excitement that a younger generation of people searches for. The Indian population that comes from a plethora of demographic regions is the only reason for improvement and growth in the gaming industry.
- Increase in prize pools: The platforms organize huge pools and prizes, rewards for the tournaments. The cash prize will increase as you reach the higher zones. This prize value is encouraging the youth to join this industry by considering this thing a lot of students want to pursue this career. The career opportunity in the gaming industry is widespread that creates more excitement among the mind of candidates.
- Esports in education: Because of the pandemic, there is a huge growth in digital adoption and growth in business. By considering this popularity, those days are coming near when it is added to the curriculum. In the upcoming days, there is a chance that people will start taking a class on this subject. The education industry will provide certificates and degrees to the students by forming an extensive group of players and gaming communities.
- Financial growth: The gaming industry will witness substantial growth in the upcoming days. The industry receives sponsorship and investment by collaborating with the different brands. Rather than directly connecting to the esports industry, they are doing these collaborations so that the associations can help them to give an entry ticket to the esports industry. Through this industry has garnered a lot of traction, and that’s why considered one of the great platforms to build your career.
- Increased mobile usage: The number of mobile gaming users is increased day by day. As per the report, the average number of people spends their time on mobile phones. As per the research, this time has increased a lot, especially in this lockdown period. The limited price of mobile phones also increased the number of mobile users that indirectly raise the gaming industry.
So, by considering the overall scenario of the Indian gaming market, we can say that the Indian gaming industry has continuously received a million dollars revenue. This is the sector that needs younger talent which has more enthusiasm, creativity, and opportunities.
So, what have you decided finally?
Making a career in gaming is not so easy, and you have to dedicate this so much. You should have patience, dedication, and time to learn new skills by considering the market trends. This is an unconventional career where you should be curious about everything.
You should have the basic technical knowledge and craziness. You should have better skills to win the gaming tournaments organized by the different esports industries. As a beginner, you can join the different gaming arenas that are:
- MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena)
- Online card games (such as poker and blackjack)
- RTS (Real-Time Strategy Games)
- DCCG (Digital Collectible Card Games)
- FPS (First Person Shooter)
- Battle Royal Games
You can also watch the live streaming of this game on Twitch and youtube gaming channels as you watch the cricket and football series on your tv.
Have you any idea about these Top 5 Gaming networks in India
- ESL India Premiership: ESL India Premiership is the best platform of ESL gaming network that organize a different kind of tournaments and championship. I organize different kinds of tournaments for different games like Counter-strike, FIFA, Brawl Stars, and many more. They have worldwide competitors and have the winning prize of worth Rs.10, 000- 1, 10, 00,000 per game or competition.
So, if you are already a pro in any of this gaming, then this is a great opportunity for you. Starting your gaming career with ESL is a great step. Staring your career with this will help you to achieve the numerous pathways in the gaming industry.
- NGS Championships: This is another India’s esports and video gaming company that organizes a huge number of tournaments. This is the one-stop destination for all kinds of gamers. Here you can practice, compete and win attractive cash prizes too. Some of the top games that are included in this competition are Counterstrike, Dota2, PUBG, and many more.
- U Cypher: This is an Indian sports business company that is involved in various sports disciplines like Kabaddi, Volleyball, E-sports, and Motorsports. It has its own esports franchise that has multiple platforms for multi-gaming e-sports championships. On this platform, they organize tournaments of online batting gaming arena for the games like Tekken 7, Counter-Strike GO, DOTA 2, etc. If you win this tournament, then you will earn approx. Rs. 15 Lakh to Rs.51 Lakh of prize money.
- Ultimate Battle: Ultimate battle is India’s largest esports gaming platform that organizes multiplayer mobile, Pc, and console video game tournaments through online media. It offers amazing cash prizes and rewards for the winner. They organize the esports games like FIFA 20, Call of Duty, DOTA 2, CS:GO, etc. Through this platform, the candidates can also enhance their gaming skills with repeated practice.
So, like these, there are some more online platforms emerging who claim to provide huge offers and rewards to the winner of tournaments. If you want to earn money through instant ways or by doing something that you love most, then why don’t you try your luck in this?
What are the Career Opportunities in the Gaming industry:
Building a career in gaming is not just limited to playing games and earning cash prizes, but it has something beyond this! There are a plethora of careers waiting for you where you can join and make your career. You can be a part of this industry in a number of roles.
Well, there are different roles and responsibilities for different fields. So, as a gaming industry expert, you should be more attentive to the industry’s needs. Here we pick some of the great roles that you can perform to be an active participant in the Future scope of gaming in India.
- Game Animator: While playing the game, have you ever wondered about those graphics and animations that are present in the games? Have you ever thought about where they came and how it was created? There is a huge work behind that small finishing and high-end graphics, and that role is fulfilled by the gaming animator expert. They animate, design, and recreate the gaming characters that you love most in your real life. They combined art and technology to deliver a real-time interactive experience.
- Game Producer: As a game producer, your job role is to planning, supervising, and coordinating the whole thing. You have to focus on multiple things starting from editing to producing and managing the work of the project. You have to schedule, licensing the project and budget as per the market scenario. This is a huge job role that needs huge time and dedication with great responsibilities.
- Audio engineer: The quality of audio in any gaming plays a huge role isn’t it? Without audio, your game looks like something that is incomplete and unfinished. So, the overall success of any gaming video depends upon its audio too. AS an audio engineer, you have to work on different sounds tracks, sound effects, and background music to create the perfect ambiance.
- Creative Director: This is another huge responsibility job role that you have to do with complete focus and dedication. In this job role, you have to work as a director and create the unique look of a specific game. You have to manage the overall project by deciding the overall aspect of the game.
The creative director needs to create the concepts of the game until it is finally completed. You have to work on the audio and visual style, gameplay, story, and narrative, along with the marketing strategies.
- Game Designer: The role of a game designer is to create and narrate the gaming characters. You have to create the narrative features, storylines, character bio ad many more. As a game designer, you have to be involved in the artwork of visual game aspects like creating the designs of weapons and graphics and color, brightness. But you will earn less than the gaming developer.
- Game Programmer: In this, you should have great coding knowledge to get success. As a programmer, you have to develop the different codes of video games to develop high-definition gaming software. You have to work on the gaming development tools and programs, and for that, you need to be attentive.
So, as a gaming programmer, you need to become expertise in technical coding and software programming. This is the most demanding and prestigious choice where you also receive growth in the future by earning dollars.
- Games Artist: If you ever see the 3-dimensional character and high-definition graphics in video games or sports apps, then this is the job role of a game artist. As a game artist, you should have the knowledge of 2D and 3D art for the visual elements. The game artist’s job role is to art for the characters, objects, clothing, backgrounds, and color combinations. They work hard just to improve your visual preference.
- Lead Artist: As a lead artist, you have to involve in the team of developers and marketers. You should have innovative ideas on how to drive the original content in an innovative style and reach the users. The candidate have to work on it technically.
You should focus on establishing the technical and as well as aesthetic norms. The candidate should have knowledge of console interface designing and gaming features. If you have a creative mind and a little bit of technical savvy and analytical method, then this job purely suits you.
- Writer: AS a writer of the gaming industry, you have to write quality, plagiarism-free, impressive content on this. Your work revolves around motivating people to join your community. You have to provide the guides to play and narrate the storyline of your game in a different fun toe so that people can closely connect with this.
The candidates have to perform many other techniques as well as nontechnical writings like youtube content, social media content as well as web content. You should create unique creatures for the game so that it can receive huge demand. So this is the time to unleash your creativity and talent.
- Game Tester: The role of a game tester is similar to a software tester or a way beyond this. For this, the industry needs professional gamers. As a game tester, You have to play the game and complete all the levels to detect a bug in the game. You have to check every possible feature that creates a barrier to user experience.
As a tester, your job role is to detect the errors, speed, consistency, audio quality, and many more issue that you found. So, if you want to be a part of the gaming industry, then you can grab this job role.
How much will you earn on this?
A career in the Future scope of gaming in India is in huge demand because of its salary criteria and growth in the future. If you want to enter the Future scope of gaming in India for the sake of fame and money, then there are endless opportunities for you. You can earn bumper amounts by joining the championship. You can earn a bunch of cash prizes and rewards that you won’t believe in your dreams.
Besides that, if you want to make your career in the above-discussed top 10 job roles, then you will earn approx 50,000 to more than 1 lakh monthly. Well, different job roles have different salaries criteria that you have to ask before joining any. This quantity may hike as per your skills, expertise, and experience in the industry too. Besides that, your education and qualification details also add an add-on to the Future scope of gaming in India.
What are the qualities required to enter the gaming industry?
To become a part of the Future scope of gaming in India, you need to have some extraordinary qualities that will build up your confidence. You should be a good competition to the market, and for that, you have to build up some attributes and functionalities to improve yourself.
- Enthusiasm: The gaming industry is all about fun and excitement, right? So, to match the vibe, you should have great humor. You should be an enthusiastic and passionate person who has knowledge of this. This industry needs lots of hard work but in a light, happy tone. You should have an innovative mind and good thinking capability with instant decision-making abilities.
- Ability to learn: Life is all about a learning phase, and you should be open all time to learn new things. The industry is growing at a rapid pace and meeting the market demands; you should have attentiveness and curiosity to learn something new at every time.
- Love for gaming: To work for the gaming industry, the first preference that you should have is the love for gaming in your mind. You should have a better understanding and skills of what people love next.
- Time management skills: Like any other profession, this industry also holds the pressure of submitting projects before the deadline. So, you should be more focused on your time and deadlines. Learn the time management skills for sure to achieve success in your future.
- Educational skills: Besides, you should be qualified and have skills to build your career. You should have technical knowledge and understanding of the gaming development industry. You should be able to contribute the best possible efforts that you can make for a project.
So, overall the online gaming has gained a strong presence in the Indian market as well as on the mind of people. There is a huge chance that the Future scope of gaming in India will be going to boost.
To experience this Future scope of gaming in India, the Indian companies are looking for game developers, designers, graphic experts, marketers, and young, dynamic talents who want to make their career in this. If you have already completed your 12th and UG, then don’t miss this golden chance to do something new in the world of the gaming industry.
Take time, think about it, research on it, and join the classes that you need to fulfill your dreams. So, if you want to invest your time in this to earn some better amounts, then this is the golden time to grab this offer.